I’m Gary Ang, or Ming.
I’m currently a PHD (in Computer Science) student at the Singapore Management University. My research relates to deep learning, specifically in the area of multimodality and networks/graphs.
I am also an illustrator, and generative artist. My background is in engineering, as well as quantitative finance. More details on my background, art, and research can be found in my social links on the left.
I use this blog as a commonplace book to document, as well as share topics relating to code, data science, machine and deep learning, sprinkled with the occasional personal thoughts.
Commonplace books (or commonplaces) are a way to compile knowledge, usually by writing information into books.
If you wish to connect, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
- Dec 2022: “Investment and Risk Management with Online News and Heterogeneous Networks” has been accepted by ACM Transactions on the Web
- Nov. 2022: ”Learning and Understanding User Interface Semantics from Heterogeneous Networks with Multimodal and Positional Attributes” has been accepted by the ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
- Oct. 2022: “Learning Dynamic Multimodal Implicit and Explicit Networks for Multiple Financial Tasks” has been accepted by the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Big Data
- Apr. 2022: “Learning Semantically Rich Network-Based Multi-Modal Mobile User Interface Embeddings” has been accepted by the ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
- Feb. 2022: “Learning User Interface Semantics from Heterogeneous Networks with Multimodal and Positional Attributes” received “Honorable Mention” award at IUI 2022
- Feb. 2022: “Guided Attention Multimodal Multitask Financial Forecasting with Inter-Company Relationships and Global and Local News” accepted by 60th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2022)
- Dec. 2021: “Learning User Interface Semantics from Heterogeneous Networks with Multimodal and Positional Attributes” accepted by 27th ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI 2022)
- Oct. 2021: “Learning Knowledge-Enriched Company Embeddings for Investment Management” accepted by the 2nd ACM International Conference on AI in Finance (ICAIF 2021)
- Dec. 2020: “Learning Network-Based Multi-Modal Mobile User Interface Embeddings” accepted by 26th ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI 2021)